Tuesday, March 25, 2014

....with a side of crazy!

Of all the bad traits I have, like....
 
excessive gas
picking my lips
being cranky
 
I have this one where I look at something, like a "project", and say to myself "that doesn't look hard, complicated or time consuming.  I can do that."
 
So I dive in.
 
Head first.
 
Then....wait for it.....wait for it. 
 
THUD!
 
Always!  It always goes just like that.  I swear I can make tying my shoes complicated and time consuming.
 
So over the past two weeks I took on two of those projects.
 
The first:
 
A semi-nude baby.
 
Squish was given a partially dressed dolly.  He totally loves this baby but for months I've watched this dolly make its way around with only a shirt on.  This isn't a problem for most peeps but for me it was.  I know this will sound crazy but in my desire to focus on having a modest household it bothered me that this doll was strutin' her naked booty around with no means to cover it.  So I took to the Interwebs and came across two simple items to dress Miss Naky Booty.
 
 
It only took me a week but here she.  It wasn't complicated, if you have no kids, but for me it was.  I can never just "whip" something out.  I always need time.
 
The second, oh-it-can't-be-that-hard-task, was redoing an old Cosco stool that was given to us--FOR FREE!  Hollar!
 

 
This stool is well loved and much appreciated.  It has a permanent place at the dining room table.  It's present for every hair cut and birthday party.  Plus, it's ideal when Mama is pregnant and needs to park her fanny when she's cooking at the stove. 
 
I just love, LOVE, this stool.  Plus, my grandparents had this same brand stool, but in a different look, when I was growing up and it reminds me of them.  I'd pay top dollar for anything that would remind me of them but thankfully this was just given to us.
 
We've had it for a few years and it's been picked over a bit by boy one and boy two so I thought I would take a screw driver and wrench to it so I could restore it to its former glory.
 

This wasn't a hard or difficult project just a bit more time consuming when the daddy-o just doesn't do it for you you have three kiddos.  Truthfully, when I really want to do a "project" and the Daddy-O doesn't jump up and down screaming "I want to do it.  Let me.  Let me."  I'll usually start it, then I'll play Damsel In Distress and...
 
VIOLA!
 
 
The s*^t gets done!
 
Thanks Daddy-O for putting up with my antics!
 
 


Bug is being silly as usual but I know he is excited to have it back because this is his self-appointed seat at the table.
 
 
PSST....if anyone has an old Cosco stool they don't want anymore I'd be happy to take it off your hands!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy