Tuesday, March 11, 2014

week :: twenty

Annie is asleep in her swing and I am not about to wake her to take her week twenty pictures.  Those will have to wait until a bit later today.  However, we have had such a busy past week that I wanted to slip in an update today before the boys come home from my Mom's in a few minutes.
 
 Okay....I know I mentioned that things last week were a bit rough with some sort of tummy thing running around.  It first started with Bug early Monday morning.  Squish had a very small episode that afternoon and after much fretting and worrying....Annie finally came down with it Thursday morning....all over me.  Bug and Annie had it worst and it seems the Daddy-O and I are in the safe zone.
 
During all the nastiness Squishy celebrated his 3rd birthday on Thursday.  For the past two years I would celebrate Bug's actual birth-day with a dinner and cake with my folks and in-laws.  Then we would have a joint birthday party for Bug and Squish about two weeks later and then to wrap it up we would then do a dinner and cake with the same folks for Squishy.  Why?  Bug was born February 6th and Squishy March 6th.
 
I fretted over doing the dinner and not doing the dinner but since Squishy was fine I didn't want to short change his day.  However, I finally decided that day to cancel the dinner but we would still do cake.  The cake was baked and ready the day before but with dinner I didn't know how I could pull it off with Annie being sick so I decided to remove that piece of the pressure.
 

 
Another reason to why I couldn't cancel the whole thing....he was just too excited to have this special time with some of his favorite people.

 
His "big" gift so-to-speak, was a quilt from his Mama.  He was pretty excited about this.  I had been working on it for some time now.  It is yellow and orange in color for after the song...you are my sunshine and that is what I labeled the quilt.
 
After a while of everyone being sick and just when you think the coast becomes clear someone has another episode you start to feel like a caged animal.  Or at least I did.  It seems all I did was watch everyone like a hawk with an empty Solo cup in my hand ready to spring into action.  Or lying awake at night with one eye and one ear open waiting.  Just waiting for that cough that's like a warning bell telling you have half a second before you're stripping the bed and scrubbing the floor. 
 
I was exhausted.  Friday I decided to strip the boys into their undies and I threw everyone outside with some paints.  This is a safe place to have a mess and leave a mess.  Plus, I knew we would all benefit from the sunshine.  I am a believer in the sun and the healing powers of natural vitamin D. 
 
During the weekend having felt like most everyone was good enough to take into public the Daddy-O and I decided to take an unplanned trip to Tombstone.  The weather was beautiful and we couldn't see the sense in staying inside another day.  Neither boy had been there yet and I knew it wouldn't be a hard sell when I said the words..."cowboys" and "gun fight." 





 
(Proof I was there.  A photo by Bug)


 
I do want to add that everyone was just amazing on this trip.  Normally, when we take road trips I pack books, toys, crayons, snacks.  Just about anything to keep them entertained.  This time I only packed water bottles, oh, and some empty Solo cups for "just in case."  There was no whining, fighting or crying.  The whole trip was just awesome.
 
Today...week twenty of Annie's life was spent on a miniature horse ranch for an event through M.O.P.s.  (As if Annie already didn't think she was living her life with a bunch of smelly animals.) 
 
 
(My mom is not a fan of having her picture taken but I think she'll really like this one)

(This miniature donkey had my heart)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy