Friday, March 21, 2014

week :: twenty-one

Hi! 
 
This is my youngest guy. 
Most of you know him by his birth name
but for all the others you know him as Squishy.
 
He is super fun, super silly and a super lover.  Oh, did I forget to mention the elbow part?  His way of showing affection and needing some security is by pinching your elbows.  You know the really wrinkly skin on the back side?  That stuff.  He loves/needs to pinch it.  Not hard but just enough.  We've caught him doing it to Annie and I saw him do it to Bug yesterday which I thought was sweet because those two fight all the time.  Pretty much, no one is off limits.  Nor is the location and timing of the pinch.  If he sees it...it's getting pinched.
 
On Monday we took him in for this three year well check. 
 
Look at his knees. 
 
I have always seen them that way.  
 
In my eyes, God made him perfect. 

 
Well, those knees raised some concern for his doctor.  She referred us to a pediatric ortho dude. 

 
She thinks his femurs have rolled in.  You know the term "knocked knee?"  That is him.
 
Like I said above.  I have seen those knees everyday of his life but because no problems have ever come about I've never viewed them as concerning.  And, I still don't.  I know I sound naive because I've never traveled this road.  The Daddy-O and I have had some preliminary conversations ahead of his appointment in two weeks just based upon what little we know and we are not sure we would do anything to fix them. 
 
Again, God made him perfect.  Why mess with perfection?
 
 
week :: twenty-one
 
Our little Annie isn't crawling yet but that doesn't stop her from getting around through the means of rolling.  About two weeks ago I had a brief moment of panic when I thought I lost her.  I had laid her down on a blanket in the middle of the room and I went about doing a few chores.  I would peek on her from time to time and find her in relatively the same location.  I stepped outside to switch some laundry around and when I came back in she was gone.  Gone!  I panicked thinking I laid her down in another room but I couldn't remember which one.  When I glassed back over the living room I finally spotted her.  She had rolled to the other side and was under her swing up against the wall.
 

 
I don't have a picture of it but Annie scored her first rug burn this week.  Squishy wanted to move her across the room so I gather he did so by grabbing her legs and pulling her all the way across the floor.  She never let out a peep and I just assumed all was well until later that night when I felt a wet, sticky spot on the back of her head.  The "burn" is about the size of a quarter or a little bigger.  If it's bothering her she doesn't let us know.  Poor gal.  It would surely hurt me.
 
 
This past week has had some extra excitement in it and I hope to be able to share it all with you next week.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy