Monday, July 4, 2011

This one or that one.

I know.  I am shocked too.  Two postings back to back!

If you could choose one of the two products below which would you choose?

INGREDIENTS IN PRODUCT #1:
High Fructose Corn Syrup (which has been found to have mercury in it. See here)
Corn Syrup
Water
Cocoa,
Sugar
Contains 2% or Less of:
 Potassium Sorbate (a Preservative)
Salt,
Mono and Diglycerides (read this)
Xanthan Gum (read this)
Polysorbate 60
Vanillin
Artificial Flavoring.

INGREDIENTS IN PRODUCT #2:
½ cup cocoa powder
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
⅛ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon vanilla

This is what the first product is:

Like how the bottle reads "Genuine Chocolate Flavor"

The second product is this:
My homemade version.
Recipe Here

This recipe is SO delicious!
See evidence here:
My four month old who's never had anything but breast milk is drooling over the contents of this jar.  He's a smart kid.  He gets that from his Mommy.

I am on my kick again of trying to get away from processed foods and my boy Bug loves his chocolate and strawberry milk from Shamrock Farms.  So instead of buying their products to ruin my kids teeth with I figured I'd feed him my product, free of preservatives and corn solids and whatever other junk they put in theirs, to ruin his teeth with.  He may not have any teeth due to the sugar but you can get those made these days anyways.

Of course Mama can't get any cooking done in the kitchen these days without these two villains helpers:

Sorry to be so Debbie Downer on you over the whole Hershey thing but I think it's important to share these things with you.  Especially when I think something so bad for you can be replaced with something quick and easy that tastes better and is better for you.

Now go on.....
Make some for yourself and let me know what you think!

What another read...
Check this out HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy