Thursday, July 28, 2011

One of those days.

It was one of those days around here.
It felt like we were all unraveling at the seams.
The tension was high.
The tears were flowing.

My biggest complaint about
 myself, as a mother,
is letting my
10 hour per week job
get in the way of me being
a mother to my kids
when they need me.

Yesterday was one of those days. 

I finally said enough.
I put fresh diapers on the boys
and fled the house as fast as I could.
I didn't even waste time calling Daddy.

We arrived at what I like to call
The Happiest Place on Earth...

When you live no where near Disney Land
and you don't have the finances
for a trip there...

You go to the 2nd best!

I consider Target to be our indoor play ground.
With the temp's hanging around the 100's
going outside isn't ideal.

So why not go some place
that is air conditioned
with toys.


I love this Target.
It's minutes from my house.
Newly remodeled.
Clean.
And best of all....

Starbucks has set up a small shop there.
I can knock out to birds with one stone.

His: Strawberry Milk with Ice and Whip
Hers:  Iced Green Tea Unsweetened

I am always beating myself up about this little love-affair with Starbucks.
I justify our love by telling myself...
" All I drink is water and orange juice."
I think I deserve to treat myself here and there.


 Once Bug and I chilled out
and hit a "reset"
of sorts we were on our way.



Where was Squish you ask...
Where he always is....


 Target is where we come to learn things...
Like organization and clean up.


I handed Bug this toy.  It's a baby Scout and that is intented to be snuggled with at night to help a young child fall asleep.  I asked Bug to give me his best sleeping face.
 He is a natural model. 


To help finish off the rough week
we are headed to the Zoo in the morning.
More Mama and kid time is needed
to bring the focus back to us, my little family,
and less about work!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy