Wednesday, April 30, 2014

week :: twenty-six and twenty-seven

I fell behind again and missed taking Annie's week twenty-six photos. 
 
We've been busy. 
 
Wanna see?
 
So, first there was our annual Easter trip to my parents place "down south".    The not-so-highlight of this trip was a blow-out on the interstate going to my parents place.  If there was ever a 'good' time to have a blow-out with three kids in a car while going 65; then this was it!  We were able to pull over on the last exit ramp for Benson.  The tire couldn't be fixed and our spare was original to the Beast so we decided to head for home and get a whole new set of tires.  Easter this year was expensive!
 
 
 
We finally made it down there after supper time.  It rained off and on all day Saturday so our evening there was nice and cool.  It made for a perfect Easter Sunday.




(Annie in her brother's camo)

(Bug's "cool kid" photo)

 
 
 
Once home I decided it was time to let Annie try some people food. 

 
There is a style of baby feeding called baby-led weaning.  In essence you give your baby soft, baby friendly food and let them figure out the whole feeding thing.  I was ill prepared as you can tell with Annie still wearing her shirt.  The banana didn't mind.  She did good.  The following day though she threw-up because I think a larger portion of the banana made her choke too much.  Honestly, I am kind of sad to be at this stage with her.  It just seems the last six months flew by. 
 
Speaking of six months....
 
Annie had her six month check-up.  Her stats are:
 
Weight:  14lbs 10oz  //  22nd percentile
Height:  26in  //  56th percentile
Head:  43cm  //  74th percentile
 
The doctor was beyond impressed with her.  My baby girl has some mad skills for six months.  The Doc said she has the skills of a nine month old.  HOLLAR!  My baby girl has the looks and now the brains!
 
 
During last week all my kiddos were able to experience something new together...

The Fair!!

Squishy was a little tired and unsure at first.

Not Bug though.  He was ready to dive in and take it all in.








After the fair we packed up and headed to the White Mountains for some family R&R and...
 hunting, of course!
 
Our cabin for the long weekend.  

 
Annie and her three dads.
 
I always find a little time for my grandmother. 


The dogs napping with Annie.

 
And now.....
 
week ::  twenty-seven
 
 


 

Annie's crawl is getting faster with each passing day.  She is enjoying eating bananas.  No teeth yet but she's trying.  She still adores her brothers but I sometimes wonder if the speed in her crawl is her attempt to make a break from them :-)  Right about 7pm is her quitin' time for the day although we won't make it to bed until 8:30 when it's Squishy's quitin' time.  In the last week she was discovered her tummy for sleeping on.  I am not sure I agree with this but will keep a closer eye on her.  She is still full of smiles and is quick to share them with anyone.  Her growl went on hiatus but it recently returned during our trip to the White Mtns.  I forgot how much I enjoyed that sound.  She can't sit up yet but is trying with a good lean-back-on-one-arm.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy