Friday, April 18, 2014

week :: twenty-five

This past weekend the boys had their first experience of an air show that the Air Force Base puts on yearly (or when the budget permits).  Unfortunately, with our normal desert weather it was too hot to stay longer then two hours so they received the condensed version of the show.




 
I don't have a picture to show yet but I wanted to share that Squishy, my three year old guy, has recently learned how to ride his pedal bike.  Three years ago when Bug was two his Daddy-O purchased a balance bike for him.  For those who don't know what a balance bike is....it's a regular looking kids bike but without any pedals or brakes.  It allows kids to master the art of balancing themselves on a bike in motion without getting wrapped up in the confusion of pedaling and braking.   We have never owned a bike with training wheels and nor would we allow the kids to ride a bike with them.  Bug, my oldest, wasn't in a hurry to give up his beloved balance bike so that's why it took him until he as five before me made the transition to a pedal bike.
 
Once Bug graduated from the balance bike Squishy quickly took it over and mastered it within months.  So, just this week I put him on a pedal bike and BAM....he was off.  He's slow on it but he's figured it out.  He even knows how to start riding by himself without any help getting started although he prefers that help.  I highly recommend a balance bike to any parent thinking about getting a first time bike for their kids.
 
week :: twenty-five 
 
 



Life is a changing around here with our little Annifer being more mobile. Most things aren't safe. She isn't at a full crawl yet but there is a ton of forward movement happening. She can make forward advances with a combination of an army crawl, to a worm like movement, and then to a "when all else fails just grab at the carpet and pull yourself forward." It really fascinating to watch daily how much she can develop her crawl style.


I am starting to feel like little Ms. Annie and her Buggy Brother are two peas in a pod.  Twice within one week this is what I spied....


 
I don't condone nor do I encourge my soon-to-be six month old to watch the T.V. but she does seem to enjoy it much like her older brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy