Friday, February 28, 2014

stuff

We have too much STUFF. !!!!
 
Everyone talks about the "mommy brain" one gets when they quit a paying job to work at home for the family.  Well, mine has arrived.  It's actually been here awhile. 
 
My "mommy brain" symptoms are:  brain mush. 
 
I swear when I am having a conversation with anyone the words in my mind get stuck in a gridlock.  The lights are on but no one is home kind of a thing.  It sucks and it's frustrating when I can't get the words out of my mouth.
 
To compound the situation I have a five year who won't stop talking for anything.  A three year old who copies EXACTLY EVERYTHING his older brother does...including all the talking AND then we have ALL this stuff. 
 
It's all noise to me. 
 
I already have a hard time formulating clear and concise thoughts and then when they get lost in translation it is beyond frustrating. 
 
I can't keep a clean house. 
I can't keep a quiet house. 
 I can't keep on top of the clutter. 
 I can't dismantle the piles of toys fast enough.
The dam to stop the "stuff" from coming into the house is beyond broken.
 
I feel like a one legged man in an ass kicking competition. 
 
I cried.  Or at least I tried to do something that resembled a cry but nothing came out and then I felt silly for (trying) to cry over stuff because crying wouldn't make the stuff go away.  So, I picked myself up off the floor and opened a bottle wine. 
 
No, the bottle of wine won't make the stuff go away either however, now I just won't care about the "stuff" until the effects of the wine wear off.  And, if I milk the bottle long enough....
 
Perhaps, while drinking the wine and with the "I don't care attitude" maybe I should continue to clean and de-clutter.  Maybe I should set a goal of 100 things to either: donate, sell/trade, or just trash. 
 
100 things in ten days.  Anyone on board? 
 
Let's open a bottle of wine, clear the air, space and counters, and then in turn maybe my brain will feel a bit de-cluttered and ready to be used again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy