Thursday, February 27, 2014

a celebration

So I mentioned it briefly before but we held a joint birthday party for thing-one and thing-two a weekend or two ago.  The theme was airplanes.  I didn't really have an idea on what I wanted the theme to be so I asked Bug and he said he wanted an airplane party.  Now, the Daddy-O and I are not ones to go broke trying to throw an event but I do like to decorate and play into the theme as much as possible without spending much. 
 
The invitations I always design myself with some help for ideas from the Internet land. 

 I did all the design work on Microsoft PowerPoint.  I prefer Publisher but I don't have access to that program anymore.  I purchased the airplane image file from Etsy.  A lot of my fonts come from Dafont.com which is free.  Awesome!  I had three invitations printed to a sheet of card stock.  Each invitation was personalised in the upper right corner.  Once they were printed I cut each one out, put a perforated line next to the words "boarding pass / ticket to party and then I rounded all of the corners so each invite would look like an airplane ticket.
 
I used my Silhouette Cameo to print out an airplane and cloud image so I could make my own garland. 
 
I went lame on the cakes.  I always want to do more then I ever do but with three young kids it's hard.  Plus, we all had a bad case of allergies that week because of the back yard overhaul.

 
Here are the birthday boys:
Bug who is five now
 
And Squish will be three very soon
 
Here is picture of me and my fam minus a few peeps.

 
The pinata fun: 


 
Some birthday singing: 

 
And of course....gift opening: 
 
Considering we were all sick and I ended up losing my voice that afternoon the day turned out great.  The boys had so much fun. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy