Thursday, May 2, 2013

Birthday's

Alright, I know these pictures are a few months old but I figured I would share these anyways.

Bug turned four in February and just one month later Squish turned two.  I vowed back in mid 2010 when I found out that baby #2 was a boy and his due date was just a mere 19 days after Bug's birthday that I would never celebrate their birthdays together.  You see....way back then I was SO worried that Boy #2 would get his identity lost in Boy #1.  I just assumed that by having two boys, due at the same time, with the same man that these two boys would be twins just 25 months apart.  I can tell you now that isn't AT ALL TRUE.  My two are so different from each other.  Bug is clearly more like me and Squish more like his daddy. 

I decided this year when I knew it was safe that Bug would Bug and Squish would be himself that we should do a joint party for them.  Our biggest reason for doing so is because we both have families in the Phoenix region and we figured it would easiest on everyone if we did just one big birthday party.  We really enjoy the Daddy-O's extended family in Phx. so it's important to us that we try to get them to come to our gatherings.

The theme this year was vintage train.  Here is the edited version of the invitation we sent out.
 
The cakes...

 
The attire...

 
The decorations....



 
My mom was super nice and bought the kids a pinata this year.
 
I really enjoy birthday time in our house for the boys.  I really enjoy coming up with a theme, designing the invitations and planning the party.  Really though I think I need the enjoyment of party planning so I don't stop and think about what these days are really about.....my boys are getting older!
It is kind of unbelievable how fast time does fly by. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy