Sunday, May 12, 2013

familia

This is post is to give a big shout out to all my nieces and nephews.  You see my Buggy Boy is at the age where he is starting to yearn for a friendship.  I don't think he yet fully understands what "friendships" are but he sees the kids in the neighborhood playing and having fun and he has been graced from time to time with some playmates from our friends bringing their children over but he has never had a true and steady friend.  Cue my nieces and nephews.  They are the steady and true friendships....

 
There is an eleven year difference between Bug and my oldest niece and and just a five year difference between Bug and my youngest niece. 


I just assumed as my nieces and nephews grew older they would out grow the desire to play with and be interested in their younger cousins.  What I have come to witness and appreciate so much is that it appears the older my nieces and nephews get the more they enjoy my little guys.

 
I know every mom's desire to protect and shield their kids from some of the hurtful things in life can be pretty intense and sometimes life consuming so it has been very refreshing for me to not ever have to worry that my kiddos would be "some sort of baby" their older cousins wouldn't want to play with.
 
 
 
Bug and Squish love, adore, and very much cherish their "friendships" and visits with their older cousins and I very much appreciate all my nieces and nephews for taking the time to value and cherish their younger cousins.  My kids don't see age.  They see playmates and I thank the older cousins for playing along.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy