Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What a Grammy is....

I've been working on this blog posting in my head for some time now.  I've come to realize that my heart feels so much more then what my brain can ever spit out into words. 

Since I was having some troubles coming up with a good place to start this entry I decided to look up in the dictionary "Grandmother".  I was curious to see how the word is defined.  I guess I was a little shocked to see just how plain the definition of this word is. 

I changed my search direction and googled "what it means to be a grandmother".  I was hoping to come across something that would jump start the heart-to-brain-to-fingers motion but again....no luck!

So here I go--doing my best to break down the feelings in my heart to words on this screen for you all to read.

Grammy is LB's grandmother who is my mother.  I am the baby in the family and I'd like to think that because of that I have a slightly different and better bond with my mother then what my older sisters might have with her.

It's amazing the feelings that come over me when I see just how much my child, that little squirming boy that I carried for 9 months, lights up my mom's eyes and places that big smile on her face every time she sees him- OR-to see that same light in my child's eyes and big grin beam across his face when he sees her.  


I take no greater joy then seeing the love and affection those two have for each other.  Again, that little guy came from me!  Something I did, something so small, can make my mom so completely happy.  How cool is that?


My mom watches LB every Tuesday and Thursday when I go into the office for work and occasionally my mom and dad will stop by just to visit with him for a few minutes or take him some place fun and special for an hour.  It amazing to see how excited LB gets when we make that turn onto my mom's street or he sees them pull up into the drive way for that surprise visit.  It makes my heart light up.


So, in the 19 months I've been watching my mom and LB build this inseparable bond, this is what I have learned the definition of what this Grammy is to my son:

1.  A Grammy is someone who might quite possible love my son more then me. 
2.  A Grammy will spend every minute of her day playing whatever silly game it is you want to play.


3.  A Grammy, so exhausted, won't ever let you know that.
4. A Grammy, who will give you more kisses then you can count.
5.  A Grammy will look and act so silly just to make you giggle that we all sometimes wonder about her mental health.
6.  A Grammy will never slap you to discipline you but will only apply her love more sternly.


7.   A Grammy, when sick, won't cut her time short with you.
8.  A Grammy, is someone who will stomp around in the back of the jeep just so you can "take" a ride. 
9.  A Grammy, is someone who will tease and pester you so much that you think it's just a game.

10.  A Grammy, is someone with such a great sense of humor, will paint your toes to play a joke on me.


11.  A Grammy, is someone who provides such a wonderful fun loving home that sometimes you just prefer to stay there.


So I know I haven't even come close to describing just how wonderful of a Grammy my mom is to LB but I hope that one day I can find just all the right words but until then here is a little quote I came across on the Internet...

Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting. ~Author Unknown

Grammy:  LB and I love you very much and we are oh so thankful for all that you do for us!

XOXO,
Mommy and LB



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy