Saturday, September 11, 2010

Family Vacation Part 2

I have so many new and exciting things to share here with you all however I must finish what I started by sharing the 2nd half of our family vacation with you.

The second half of this update will start with our long, but short, trip to the San Diego Zoo.  I don't want to sound like Debbie Downer but the truth is Daddy and I were not at all impressed with this "world renowned zoo".  We only lasted two hours there.  Perhaps our first mistake was starting on the Africa side of the zoo.  This section of any zoo including ours here is town never really impresses me. 

Plus, with the SD zoo once you get in you feel trapped when you want to leave.  In order for us to take the "short way" out of the zoo Daddy and I had to carry LB and his stroller up so many flights of stairs that I soon lost count of them. 

So...here are the pictures we took while we were there...

Once we left the zoo we headed towards Temecula.  This was the city closest to Grandpa.  Grandpa was actually staying in Warner Springs which was roughly a 30-45 minute car drive. 

This vacation was about the 4th time LB has stayed in hotel rooms and the Kleenex compartment that's always on the face of the bathroom vanity has never let LB down as a form of entertainment that can last hours.

Part of me should feel bad for letting LB waste all those good tissues but the other part of me says I wasn't the bozo who put the box at kid height.  So enjoy my Little Man!

Saturday the 21st we awoke pretty early in the morning so we could pick up Grandpa by 8am.  Traffic was pretty decent on this two lane highway and the scenery was really nice to look at. 

Once we picked up Grandpa we headed to another small town called Santa Ysabel for the best breakfast buffet I've ever had.  This little tiny town was so adorable and everyone was so friendly. 


On our way out of town we stopped at an antique store across the street from the restaurant and boy did that turn out to be the best idea EVER because I found my child's chamber pot for 10 bucks!  WOOT!  WOOT!  I haven't taken a picture of it yet so I don't have one to share--sorry. 

After we left Santa Ysabel we headed back to Temecula where we spent sometime in downtown Temecula.

Again, we ventured into another antique store but my wallet was dry and I had to leave some really great fabric and children's aprons behind.  My heart is still broken to this day. 

After the walk down Old Temecula we headed back to hotel so Grandpa, Daddy and LB could go swimming.


I don't think I have ever seen LB have so much fun swimming before.  I swear he is a natural.  He gets in the water and kicks and kicks.  It amazes me every time because that isn't something we've shown him how to do. 

After swimming, napping and a great dinner we had to take Grandpa back home. 

It was a sad moment but we knew Grandpa would be back home soon.

We stayed one more night in Temecula and then we packed up and headed back to San Diego for one more day and night there.  We had hoped to spend the day at Silver Strand Beach again but it was too cold this time around.  We probably stayed for about 30 minutes before we packed up and headed to our hotel.

Our last hotel was the Sheraton off the bay.  HOLY SMOKES was this a nice room.  The in room coffee was Starbucks so the first thing I did was brew up a cup of decaf--yummy!

That afternoon we had a visitor flew right up to our balcony. LB thought it was pretty cool to have his own seagull.  I on the other hand was a little afraid of it.  I knew those birds have no fear of humans.  After all we did see a seagull in Seaport Village take some women's food right off her plate as she sat there trying to eat. 

Our last night of vacation we had a really nice dinner to finalize our trip.  Here are my two handsome boys before we left for dinner.

Here is Mommy and LB at dinner.

And here are our last shots of San Diego---the moon over the bay and our view from our hotel room.

Now...as we put this vacation behind us I start to wonder where our next vacation will be because by then we will be a family of four!

Lots of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy