Tuesday, November 5, 2013

week :: two

week :: 2
 
Princess Pea is settling into life as the younger sister to two rambunctious brothers and her brothers have quickly learned that she is the princess because they also refer to her as "Pretty Princess."  Ha, I love it. 
 
Bug is doing amazing at being the oldest.  I think he very much understands that my plate just became a little fuller.  I feel like he doesn't ask much of me right now and when he does but I am unable to assist him he is okay with that and is willing to wait for me.  I appreciate this so much and have thanked him for this although I don't think he understands due to the crazy look I received and the quick change of subject.  Maybe he is like me and gets uncomfortable when praised. 
 
Squishy, now the middle child, is doing just as well.  He has had some moments but overall this dear little boy of mine is super compassionate and just absolutely adores his sister.  He loves her all the time and has even gone so far as to bring her to me.....twice!  I thank him for his help but try to tell me in a very kind and warm way that mommy doesn't want him to pick her up anymore.
 
It's never really easy having more then one kid.  I do feel stretched out emotionally.  I want to give my all to each child when they need me but when I have a nursing baby I can't always do that.  When two children are crying for me and I can't help both at the same time then I'll usually end up crying too.  Poor daddy.  He is never sure how or when to intervene or if he should just run for the hills and wait for the dust to settle. 
 
With all that though I absolutely love my life and my family.  I don't know that I would do anything different.  I am blessed.  We have a good life. 
 
Our week 2 looked something like this....
 
A few baths.... 
 
Trick-or-treating with a Power Ranger and Mickey Mouse... 
 

 
Enjoying seeing Princess Pea still fold up like she was in my belly...
 
We took a trip to the zoo....


We are finding a small rhythm to our mornings.  Sweet Pea likes to sleep for a few hours without me from 6am up until 9 or 10ish.
 
 
Here is week 2 of the dress fitting...
As you can see there isn't much of a change from last week to this week.  She had her two week check-up this morning and she is now at 6lbs 4oz.  Her birth weight was 5lbs 8oz.  At four days old she slipped to 5lbs 3oz so it's nice to see the weight gain but along with that I see some of her newborn features starting to fade. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy