Tuesday, April 9, 2013

keeping busy

We've been keeping busy around here.  A few weeks ago, not long after we spilled the pregnancy beans, I had some issues of concern.  Dr. Hutchison, our fertility Doctor with Bug, told us that healthy babies don't miscarry.  I have always believed in that but my faith was tested.  Once I got through the initial fear of the "what-if's" I started a little chant in my head to reassure and calm me.  I had a few ultrasounds which later confirmed that all would be alright. 

During the middle of that scare the Daddy-O and I were in the middle of securing financing for our newest family enjoyment...
 
You see...the thought of fitting three babies in the back of Daddy-O's extra cab truck while pulling our 5th wheel wasn't going to work (for me).  We looked long and hard at what would make the best financial sense....buying a four door truck that would probably only move six times a year, excluding camping trips, --OR-- buying this RV for the same price but fit us all comfortable plus provide the extra comforts to friends during extended lake trips.  Clearly, the RV won.  We picked up this baby in north Phoenix on a Thursday.  We put it in the shop Friday morning for tires and then went to my parents place down south for the Easter weekend.  Told you we've been busy.
 
Squish finally scored his first major head injury to compete with Bug. 
 
This picture makes it look mild.  The poor kid was nicknamed baby rhino for a few days because the lump was so far off his head.  This didn't happen on my watch but thankfully I was close by.  Because I wasn't the one on duty when this happened I was able to be more calm then what I am usually able to be.  Fortunately we had been through this with Bug when he was 1.5 years old.  We took him to the hospital when 12 hours later he started throwing up.  Turned out it was the flu.  I had two concussions when I was kid so I felt confident between Bug's experience and my own that Squish would be fine.

I recently decided to join a MOPS (Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers) group over by my house.  I am feeling short on friends (excluding my Colorado BFF) and I feel more then ever I am yearning for the connection to like kind women in similar life experiences.  I had my first meeting last week and really enjoyed the energy. 

I think this is all I have for the moment.  I need to work on some home school material for Bug tonight.

Good night all

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you, congrats on the baby and how exciting about the new RV! I hope your pregnancy stays smooth from here on out.
    Poor squish and his forehead, that really does look painful.
    I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy