Tuesday, April 16, 2013

growing

My little bird spread his wings and flew today.   This Momma was so nervous and scared but that baby bird of hers was confident and ready to fly on his own.  I am so proud of him.  He had the courage to do something that I almost never have the courage to do.  At 33 I am still a wall flower and today at 4 my Bug is the new bird in the flock. 

 
 
Bug had his first day of school.  Well, bible school.  Okay, it wasn't really that exactly either it was more like daycare.  And "yes" those are his first official "It's my first day of school pictures."  My son is a total goof ball.
 
I had my second meeting with MOPS today and Bug has really been after me about going to school.  With me being a stay-at-home-mom and with us homeschooling our kids will never know a daycare or classroom.  Bug has also been asking a lot about God and Heaven and I have a no upbringing with Religion so I thought the opportunity for him to go to MOPPETS while I was at MOPS (which is all Christian based) would be perfect for him.  He was thrilled when I presented him with the idea of going to "bible school."  I choose those words because he wants to know about God and school so hey I'll mix the two because daycare doesn't sound that exciting. 
 
I was scared to let him go.  He seems shy when he is with small crowds or big crowds or just one on one with someone he doesn't really know.  I prepped him for as much as I could by telling him I wouldn't be with him.  He would be by himself.  These are the things we do and don't do like peeing outside during recess.  I never wanted him to know I was scared or encourage him to think he should be scared so I was always careful with my wording.  This was a big deal for him and he was super excited and I didn't want anything to spoil that for him. 
 
During the two hour meeting I had one eye glued to my phone and the other glued to the door.  I was waiting for that call or for someone to come and retrieve me because he was scared.  Not once did that happen.  When I picked him up he was so happy to see me but he was even more thrilled to tell me how much he liked school and how he wanted to come back.  SUCCESS!
 
There you have it.  The story of my baby birdies' first flight in the flock.
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy