Saturday, October 6, 2012

finished

I have a few blog posts in the queue but I wanted to jump ahead in the order and share with you what I did today. 

Today my sisters and my brother-in-law, C.A.M.P.'D., competed in a 3 mile mud run put on by the folks of Terrain Mud Run.  This was the first for a few things...My first run in years, my first mud run (and not my last), my first run with ALL my sisters, and my first run that ALL of my family attended.
C.A.M.P.'D
L to R:  Me, Chrissy, Dan (the BiL), Michelle, Patti
 
Of course that is the BEFORE photo.
 
Before we had jump over four hurdles, before the barb wired water pit we had to climb through, before the tires we had to run through, before the net we had to climb over, before the giant wooden spools we had to jump over, before the four giant walls we had to climb up and over, before the one really big giant wall we had to climb over, the blue barrels to walk over, the numerous mud pits we had to climb/swim/ walk through before the monkey bars I failed at, before the giant roll off dumpster that was filled to the TOP with water that you swim through to slide down to the finish.  I am sure I forgot an obstacle or two but you get the point. 
 
It was a lot of fun and a great challenge.  Dan ran ahead, Patti and I completed in just under an hour and Chrissy and Michelle brought up the rear.
 
Waiting for the starting pistol to be fired...
 
Patti and I about half way through the course...
 
 BiL killing the monkey bars...
 
Patti and I admitting defeat at the monkey bars...
 
Patti and I ready to swim through the roll off dumpster...
 
 Down goes Patti and I am next in line...
 
There I go....
 
Receivng my finishing award...
 
Here comes Chrissy and Michelle... 
 
Somehow I missed getting the "end" shot of us five but we basically all looked like drowned cats.  Clean drowned cats at that.  This was by far the funniest run I have ever done and I look forward to doing the next one.
 
I want to give a HUGE thanks to my Hubby and the kids for coming out to support me and I would also like to thank my mom and pops for coming out and supporting us as well.  THANK YOU GUYS!  I LOVE YOU ALL!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy