Friday, May 20, 2011

I'm getting quilt-y....

About a month before duck hunting season opens you'll hear daddy saying "I'm getting birdie."  It's his way of saying how very excited he is to get out and go hunting with the boys. 

Well lately I've been getting quilt-y. 

It's been several months since I finished my last quilt and it's been since Bug's birthday that I've sewn anything.   I have no idea where I'll find the time but I think I'm reaching a critical mass if I don't.

I originally wanted to start on a blanket for Bug.
But Daddy has inserted his opinion on what pattern and color choice of fabric I should and shouldn't use.  I have no problem with this given that he is a boy and he should have a better idea on what would work best for his boy.  However, the only problem in this is getting Daddy to go to the fabric store with me so I can buy his choices. 

In the meantime I started looking through my hodge-podge of a sewing cabinet to see what I can work on in the meantime...
I decided I should probably work on a project involving these guys....

These baby blankets used to belong to another little guy in my life who will be moving this summer to a place that actually has winters.  I thought he might enjoy having something special made by me to help remember us and to keep him warm.

I am thinking this pattern will work.

I am off for now. 

Here is what you would really rather see....


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy