Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hospital Life

Here is part two of Mr. C's birth.

I believe I mentioned in one post or another that I am GBS positive so when I give birth at a hospital baby and I have to stay for 48 hours to insure that the baby does not pick up an infection from me so these next bunch of pictures will highlight our two day stay.

Here's my first attempt and nursing Mr. C. 
(Sorry if seeing this makes you uncomfortable however I always see these photos as beautiful)

Here's daddy getting in some additional time while I work on recovering from the epidural and before Mr. C is taken to the nursery to get his first bath.

Daddy and I are the type of parents that we don't leave our baby's side for anything while we are in the hospital.  Daddy always stays in the nursery for the two hours they keep the baby there and either Daddy or I will always go for every test they perform on him as well.  We do this not because we don't trust the hospital so much but because we always want to make sure one of us is there to comfort our babies when a little comforting in needed.

Here are the photos Daddy took of Mr. C in the nursery while I was getting some sleep in our room.
Daddy said Mr. C. just loved his bath but he melted the most when he was getting his hair washed.

 Here he is all cleaned up and ready for his mama.

 The day we were checked into TMC to labor and birth this little boy we were informed that all of the recovery rooms were now private and that they were all recently remodeled.  SCORE!  We were told after Bug was born that we were lucky to have been given a private room then because most of the rooms were semi-private so we were really concerned going back in that we may not get the same luxury again.

Here are pictures of our visitors...
My folks
Bug checking out his little brother making sure there are ten toes and ten fingers.
Ericka

Grandma or Damma according to Bug and Papa. 
By the way I owe a HUGE thank you to Grandma and Papa for bringing me Chipotle.  That was my reward food for giving birth.

 I would also like to give a HUGE thank you to my folks for keeping Bug the two nights we were stuck in the hospital.  My biggest fear about giving birth at the hospital was the two nights I would have to be away from him.  Bug has never slept a night away from me except for the first time back in January when my dad kept as a test run.  Fortunately the test run went really well but I still had some stress on how he would do being gone for two whole days.  Having my parents be there and available for him made it a whole lot easier on me.  By the way, I think Bug enjoyed the mommy-free vacation.  My parents spoil him with all sorts of junk food, trips and toys. 

I would also like to take this time to thank my in-laws for being available and taking on Bug over the last few weeks and months.  There were plenty of times we would call on them to watch him while I had an appointment or at the last minute like when I thought I was going into labor the Sunday before I actually went into labor.  It really made the transition from having one babe to two a whole lot smoother for me.

Here's my adorable #1


Okay back to our hospital life.

Here I am getting him dressed to go home.

Getting in another squeeze while I await my chariot aka the wheel chair

Here's a photo of our lovely room

Here is daddy loading up Mr. C for his ride home.

YEAH!  We are heading home!!!

 Lots of Love~SL

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy