Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Update on Peanut

As you know by now LB is going to be a BIG brother AND now have the proof to share.

The birthing center wanted me to have an early ultrasound done to better date the pregnancy.  We were quickly squeezed in on Wednesday before we left town for our first family vacation.  I'll share that adventure and those pictures with you in the next posting.

Here is our little Olive as we are calling she/he for the moment.  From head to rump the baby measures under 3 inches.  At the time of this ultrasound I was estimated to be about 12 weeks and 5 days however those 5 days could be added onto by another 5 days or subtracted by 5.  So, today that puts me somewhere between 13.5 weeks and 14 weeks.  My estimated due date is February 25th!

Get this...my father-in-laws birthday is February 23rd, then I have two nephews and a brother-in-laws' birthday's that fall on the 24th, 26th and 28th.  February is FULL of birthdays now!

I don't know about you but I was absolutely amazed to see something so tiny looking so human like. I was in awe the whole time-mouth hanging open catching flies-kind of awe!


Truthfully, when I first found out I was pregnant I became worried over how could I love this baby as much as I love LB.  How could I divide my time between the two babies?  But after hearing the heartbeat two weeks ago and then actually seeing this little baby happily growing in my belly I quickly fell in love with it and just knew I could love this baby as much as I do LB.

I am off for now.  I can hear my bed and pillow calling my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy