Friday, April 16, 2010

Painting 101

Well, I think it's official.....I can no longer count on two hands (and two feet) how many times I hear a day Daddy saying "You're going to do what with LB?" OR "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

Let me explain why.....

Being that I am a first time parent I am often scratching my head trying to come up with enrichment ideas for LB. How does one play, and I mean really play, with a 14 month old child for longer then 10 minutes? So last week this brilliant idea came to my mind. Aunt Kissy was kind enough to hand down a Little Tikes picnic table and I have oodles of non-toxic, kid friendly, washable paint and more 12x12 white scrapbooking paper then I know what to do with. Do you see where I am going with this and now do you see where Daddy's questioning comes into play?

My first attempt at letting LB paint didn't go so bad. I had a little foresight and stripped him down naked because I expected him to paint every surface that he could touch.

Here he is slowly warming up....

Well....and as you can see he was able to figure things outI quickly learned though that I had made one big mistake. What do you do with a child that is naked and covered in paint? Good question!
After I quickly realized that I have Monet 2.0 on my hands we were back out painting the following day. However, day 2 didn't go as well....

Now...to answer the question above. You have the bath tub filled and waiting before you ever hand him the paint.

I suppose like Daddy you are thinking she MUST be CRAZY for letting her 14 month old child paint, however, I feel like I am an awesome mom who lets her child explore, have fun and get dirty because after all...it will ALL wash off.

Now for tomorrow's enrichment...homemade play dough!

Lots of Love~SL

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy