Friday, August 3, 2012

savoring

I think just about once a week the Daddy-O and I are having the talk about the kiddos.  It's the one that starts off like this....

"Do you think we are screwing the kids up?"

and then

"Do you think we are being too hard on them?"

And this is why parenting is so hard.  Our 3 year old, Bug, can't seem to listen to save his life and he is physically violent to me, to his brother, to his dad, and to his grammy.  Of course, most of you don't know these things about him because he is pretty well behaved outside of our home and his comfort areas.  I am sure he is very normal for a 3 year old but I don't know that I want to let this behavior continue because he is three and this is what is normal.  However, at the same time I don't want to "break" him because we expect him to understand more than what maybe he should. 

Do we lower our bar of tolerance for him or has society already done that too much and this is why we are in the state in which we are in as a country. 

There are days though that I do feel that everything will be alright and on one of those such days we had a mommy and me date.  We went bowling, then to lunch, and then to Target for a little indoor playing. 

Here we are at the bowling alley

Lunch at Lucky Wishbone

My pictures of Bug...
Bug's picture of me.

Some fun at Target


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy