Saturday, July 28, 2012

sharing

This morning I took part, for the first time, in this food co-op called Bountiful Baskets.  Daddy-O swears we talked about this co-op before but I totally disagree. 

Just for the record though....the Daddy-O does swear A LOT and I don't mean in the "I swear I told ya so!" but more in the "Holy S**t" or in "WTF" kind of way.

Okay, so back to this blog post about Bountiful Baskets. 

There are two choices in "baskets" that you can buy---organic for $25 OR non-organic for $15.  Then there are various "add-ons" you can buy in addition that change weekly from what I understood.  Being this was our first time we decided to buy the non organic basket and this is what we received...

Mount Rainer Cherries, Red Grapes, one head of Romaine, One Cantaloupe, 4 Mangos, 4 Peaches, 4 Plums, 10 Red Potatoes, 2 Red Bell Peppers, 1 pint of Cherry tomatoes, 2 Cucumbers, and 1 bag of baby Carrots. 

We thought this was a deal for $15.00.  Don't ya agree?

Here are the "add-ons" we bought in addition....

Tropical Granola which is extremely yummy!

A case or organic blueberries at a cost of $2 each.

And 5 organic nine grain loafs of bread at $2.40 each.

There were a few more "add-ons" that we didn't buy. 

Ordinarily, we wouldn't buy five loafs of bread or a case of blueberries but I can tell you that I spend more weekly on fruits and veggies then what I did today and I received probably double then what I typically buy. 

Each week will vary in what you'll get and when you order your basket you won't know what is in it which we like because we will be forced to use stuff we wouldn't ordinarily use.

So how does this all work....Starting on Monday at noon ordering opens up on Bountiful Baskets website and it closes on Tuesday at 10pm.  You select what basket you want, organic OR non-organic, and how many you want, and then you can select your additional "add-ons."  You pay right then with your order.  Print your confirmation and then show up at your site that you selected.  I selected the Clements Center and I arrived at 6:30ish this morning.  I was the 2nd person there but by 7am the line was HUGE.

I'll be honest....I can't wait for Monday's now just so I can order my next basket and "add-ons."  

As the saying goes....the early bird gets the worm.....so if you want a worm too you should be there.  

PS.... I will deliver for a small fee of.....$1,275.00 per item




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy