Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another Road Trip!

LB is becoming the master of road trips!  Well, okay not really.  It seems like there have been several trips but I can only count a few.  Hmmm....there was Flagstaff at 6 months old, Payson at 15 months and then this trip at 16 months.  Can we count trips to Phoenix and The Property?   If so, then that will bump up the count to eight car trips.  Okay...that still doesn't sound like a lot.  Alright, on with the blog.

This last trip takes LB to Las Vegas.  He was even kind enough to allow Grammy, Granddad, and myself to tag along on this latest adventure.  We were there to see my cousins, David & Donald, graduate from high school in Indian Springs which is about 45 minutes outside of Vegas. 

Truthfully, I was very nervous about this trip.  I was worried that LB would be a terror during the long ride, which of course, I couldn't really blame him too much if he was.  All I was picturing was 7+ hours of being trapped in the car with a screaming child.  I am the type of person who, if I hear or see a screaming or unruly child in a store, I start to judge and wonder what type of parent you are. I know it's horrible because even all good kids have bad days but it's what I do and I am trying to change it for fear of KARMA!  I tell you this because I was so worried about how LB would behave and how my parents might judge me.  It's nothing personal against my parents but all of us in some way shape or form judge and our children are an extension of us, right? 

Well, I am pleased to announce that LB did FANTASTIC on the ride--only if I wasn't sitting in the back with him!  I notoriously bring out the whine in him.  The resolve for that was Granddad and I took turns driving and as long as Grammy or Granddad sat in the back with him he was an ANGEL! 

I started in the back with him and as soon as we hit I-10 the crying started.  I tried entertaining him with my camera so here are his first photos! 

So after a pit stop/coffee break in Wikenburg and Kingman we finally made to it to our hotel in 7.5 hours! 
Wanna know the best part about the trip??? 

My room....
And across the hall....Grammy, Granddad and LB
Okay, okay...that is only half the truth.  LB slept in my room at night but as soon as we were up and at it he was across the hall with the folks!

The hotel turned out to be a lot of fun for LB.  There were so many new experiences for him.
Like....discovering the ice bucket doubles as a hat.
Like....pushing the elevator buttons
And like...the pit you get in your stomach when the elevator stops.
LB even picked up a souvenir from the grocery store...
Like I said above-the purpose of this trip was to see the boys graduate from high school.  David and Donald or as we call them, "The Boys" have been in my life since they were a few weeks old.  I have always considered them to be my brothers.  Of the four "followers" I have three of you may not know this but "yes" they are twins.

David and his girlfriend, Lilly, at the BBQ before the graduation

Andrew and his girlfriend, Jonna, talking with Grandma Barbara
 Andrew, Donald and Granddad
LB chilin' at the party!
After the graduation...
Congratulations to both the boys.  We are so proud of you!

I have so many more pictures to share with you like LB's first shaving and his time playing on a real train but this blog is already pretty long so I'll save the rest for later!

Lots of Love
~SL

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

aqua poppy